Below is Miamama product selection criteria. Here at Miamama we are dedicated to providing mothers and their babies with quality natural and organic skincare products. Here are the guidelines that we follow:
We choose products which are free from harmful chemicals and toxins including:
- 1, 4 dioxane
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (ALS).
- Butylated Hydroxanisole (BHA)
- Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT)
- Cationic Surfactants
- Diethanolamine (DEA), Monoethanolamine (MEA) & Triethanolamine (TEA)
- Diazolidinyl Urea/ Imidazolidinyl Urea
- Ethoxylated Surfactants
- Nitrosating Agents
- Parabens (Methyl, Propyl, Butyl and Ethyl)- Preservatives used in cosmetics to extend shelf life.
- Petroleum/ Mineral Oil
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) Compounds
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)/ Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
- Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate
- Stearalkonium Chloride
*Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB) – A foaming agent which is derived from various oils. Green people use cocamidopropyl from coconut oil at the permitted level set by the Soil Association (<0.3% amidomine).
None of the products sold on the Miamama site are tested on animals. We only cooperate with companies who have the same empathy towards animal cruelty.
We recycle whenever possible, utilise recycled packaging and encourage our customers to do likewise. We cooperate with companies who have the same beliefs on protecting our environment.